Re: Failure in autopkgtest for loki (Was: Working tests seem to exist for epcr)

Hi Andreas,

I ran loki's tests on my machine in sbuild environment, and I got no errors. As I understand it, the loki.dat file has to exist after "prep" steps. I added an "ls" into the run-unit-test to check this. Also, I turned on the build-time tests that are more or less the same as for the autopkgtest. The build-time tests also finish successfully for me.

Could you, please, rerun pbuilder again?

Regards,
Liubov

On Sat, 22 Feb 2020 at 08:09, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
Hi Pranav,

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 07:30:09PM +0530, Pranav Ballaney wrote:
> > You are perfectly welcome.  On one hand I see this as my duty as a
> > (pontential) GSoC mentor.  On the other hand your level of contribution
> > shows that you are really dedicated to the task and I'd love to support
> > this.
>
> Yes, it's my first time contributing to open source, so I'm really excited
> about the opportunities this work provides, both of open source
> contributions, as well as being part of something as prestigious as GSoC!

I need to admit that your contributions had a high level and its hard to
believe for me that its your first time contributing to open source.
I'm always happy to see competent students in GSoC.

> > In principle an sbuild setup - provided that it also has something like
> > a hook that is triggering the autopkgtest running in a chroot - should
> > lead to the same results.
>
> I just use the
>     autopkgtest .  -- schroot unstable-amd64-sbuild
> command to run the tests. I'll try automating the process with pbuilder and
> see if I can replicate the issue.
> It will make things easier for me as well, for tests I write in the future.

My personal experience with schroot is that I never managed to setup
sbuild to my satisfaction.  The configuration steps always seemed to be
quite complex.  Thus I sticked to pbuilder (which I by chance started
using first).

> > Just take your time.  In case you might be blocked it can help if you
> > look into another package.  Liubov had announced to possibly have a look
> > at the weekend and sometimes it helps to have an additional pair of
> > eyeballs.  Sorry, for my "feature" to always stumble about issue. ;-)
> >

> Yes, I have started working on tests for fastlink, but it might take longer
> this time because my mid-semester exams are starting, so I will be busy
> with academics the next two weeks.

I can only repeat what I said to previous GSoC students:  Please always
give your study and your exams preference over GSoC work.  In case there
is urgent stuff for you to do just tell me and all is fine.