Re: Status of rsat?

Hi Jacques,

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 10:24:48PM +0100, Jacques van Helden wrote:
> Hi Andreas
>
> Thanks a lot for your enthusiasm and constant help !

You are welcome.

> I think the reason why I still use pip is historical: initially I had a single script to install the python libraries on Mac OS X and Unix.
>
> However, I imagine that currently the best is to use as much as possible the OS-dependent package managers (apt-get, brew), so I will be pleased to replace this by apt-get and brew packages (in separate files).
>
> Would this be OK ?

I fully agree that prefering apt-get (I don't know brew but if it has a
similarly large software pool for sure) over pip.  The advantage is that
you get a more stable installation since if you install on Debian /
Ubuntu *stable* you have always the same (tested and security fixed)
versions instead of what version might be available via pip.