Re: q2cli packaging

Hi Alex & Andreas,

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 at 18:22, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 05:37:42PM +0100, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
> Yes, it seem to work for me, strictly speaking
>
> cp tab-qiime to /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/qiime
> or qiime will not be able to found the autocompletion script

I've pushed this chance as well.  However, I did not understand
how to call qiime into that command line interface and test it.
(To lazy to read the whole docs.)

I have tested for bash, it works.

> Nevertheless it's better to provide a working completion for "default"
> bash I think.

Sure.

> > If I'm not correct simply commit what you mean. ;-) :-P
> >
> > Thanks for the hint anyway
> >
> >      Andreas.
>
> the completion script is calling python, but the package is built for
> python3 only, commited the patch :)

Thanks a lot for your help! I have found that for zsh users there is a way to put completion scripts into /usr/share/zsh/vendor-completions. Although, in this case, the script should be overwritten, the same script is not going to work :-( So, I have decided to leave a comment in the help message on how to enable tab completion in zsh.

Kind wishes,
Liuba