Re: q2cli packaging

On 3/16/19 4:04 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 02:01:57PM +0100, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
>> why not install the autocompletion scripts both for bash and zsh
>> automatically? In this case there is no need to inform users at all.
>
> Technical speaking you mean to copy it to
>
>     /usr/share/bash-completion/completions

Yes, it seem to work for me, strictly speaking

cp tab-qiime to /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/qiime
or qiime will not be able to found the autocompletion script

> ?  Will this work for zsh?

No as far as I see, at least I didn't find an easy solution to autoload
bash completion from a zsh completion script.
Nevertheless it's better to provide a working completion for "default"
bash I think.

> If I'm not correct simply commit what you mean. ;-) :-P
>
> Thanks for the hint anyway
>
>      Andreas.

the completion script is calling python, but the package is built for
python3 only, commited the patch :)

Best regards,
Alex