Re: [MoM] FAST progress (was Re: [MoM] fast: Add further dependencies to enable chroot / cowbuilder to build)

Hello Andreas,

> Its on my todo list.  Unfortunately the build time takes some time and I
> will not stress test the battery of my laptop.  Reminding is fine in any
> case. :-)

Ahh that's fine and understandable :-). I assumed maybe you offloaded
this on some build server. I am not too sure of the procedure, but with
any task that has a maintainer hardware limitation, would debian provide
environments or remote machines for a duration of time? I am somewhat
working blindly with this package so it's good to know for the future
instead of bugging you for a hundred builds :-).

> I admit new queue can be stress test the patience of newcomers.  To be
> short:  You can never know how long a package takes.  Despite the name
> is "queue" its not a FIFO procedure.  Sometimes its helpful to give some
> hints about priorities and why a package might be more important than
> others.  BTW, I even had send a mail to ftpmaster ranking your packages
> in the category "Would motivate newcomer" which was below "needed for
> bcbio" package.  Seems that ranking was not helpful to proceed with the
> list I gave. :-(

It's more of just a curiosity factor, and sometimes educating eager
upstream developers as I'm very patient. Surprisingly, there aren't that
many listed as ftp masters for the amount of package awaiting upload.

Would it be productive to work on another package alongside this FAST
package?

Kind regards,
Shayan Doust