Re: How to be with SINA that has non-free dependency

Hi Elmar,

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 09:52:14PM -0600, Elmar Pruesse wrote:
> > > When I tried to build SINA with new libarb, I got:
> > >
> > > configure:16724: error: in `/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>':
> > > configure:16726: error: Required libraries found missing:
> > >    ARB PROBE library (PROBE_COM/client.a)
> > >    ARB HELIX library (SL/HELIX/HELIX.a)
>
> It's the same issue as with the existing libarb-dev package: the .a files
> were stripped of all symbols:
>
> $ nm /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/arb/PROBE_COM/client.a
> nm: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/arb/PROBE_COM/client.a: no symbol
>
> I've created a merge request on salsa that should fix this. If you call
> `strip` without arguments, it will strip all symbols, making libs unusable.
> The --remove-section flag just adds to the list. So it needs
> `--strip-unneeded` in addition to existing parameters.

Merged.  Please note that it is perfectly fine if you push directly to
libarb or arb packaging.  I just added you as Debian Med team member
granting you commit permissions.

I've updated the packages also on my private mirror.

> I noticed that you are building SINA 1.5 - can you bump that to 1.6.0 from
> the start? I'm not too excited about the 1.5.0. The 1.6.0 is
> **significantly** better. In the case at hand, that one will default to not
> using the PT server, so it will run smoothly without having that binary.

Probably Liubuv started with the packaging wgen 1.6.0 was not out yet.
For sure we are always gaining for the latest upstream version.  Feel
free to commit also to SINA repository (permissions are granted)!