Re: How to be with SINA that has non-free dependency

Hi Liubov,

On Tue, Jun 04, 2019 at 07:59:52PM +0200, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:
> Finally, I have time now to proceed with the packaging of QIIME2 plugins
> :-) Just to remember, q2-types is still in the NEW queue. q2-alignment
> needs SINA aligner which, in its turn, has libARB dependency which is
> non-free and therefore hinders SINA's packaging. What could be a solution
> here?

Regarding libARB I've got an answer to my question[1] which was CCed
to the list but did not arrived in the web archive.  It boils down
that libARB should be free:

   http://bugs.arb-home.de/browser/trunk/arb_PUBLIB_LICENSE.txt

For you this means: Just wait until I managed to separate the free
parts from the arb package.  It's quite on top of my todo list.

> I am working on q2-demux and q2templates at the moment.

Cool!

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2019/04/msg00041.html