Re: How to be with SINA that has non-free dependency

Hi Liubov and Elmar,

On Tue, Jun 04, 2019 at 08:56:58PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Regarding libARB I've got an answer to my question[1] which was CCed
> to the list but did not arrived in the web archive.  It boils down
> that libARB should be free:
>
>    http://bugs.arb-home.de/browser/trunk/arb_PUBLIB_LICENSE.txt
>
> For you this means: Just wait until I managed to separate the free
> parts from the arb package.  It's quite on top of my todo list.

I was now able to build all dirs mentioned in arb_PUBLIB_LICENSE.txt
and pushed the result to

   https://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/libarb/

(for sure you can build your on your own from Git[2])

I heavily hacked upstream makefiles and its definitely no clean
solution but the result looks similar to what we have inside the
arb package.  However, while the build of those directories that
are mentioned by upstream as freely licensed I get only

   libARBDB.so    and
   libCORE.so

while the libarb package build from the arb source contains

   ARB.so   ,
   libAWT.so  and
   libWINDOW.so

in addition.  Please check whether Sina might need these or if the
current build is OK.  If you confirm that this approach is sufficient
I'll contact upstream about a license of several files from other
directories which were needed to successfully build what we have now.

Once we might get an official libarb package we should drop it
from the arb package and link arb against this.

[2] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/libarb