Re: debian package of libzeep

Hi Maarten,

On Sat, May 11, 2019 at 03:07:10PM +0200, Maarten L. Hekkelman wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> OK, I know what happened....
>
> Github creates a libzeep-x.x.x.tar.gz file as a convenience for each
> release. But I created my own dist file called libzeep-x.x.x.tgz and put it
> on github as a downloadable release file. And guess what, they contain
> different things. The one I created contains preformatted html pages where
> as the github generated file contains only the raw sources and makefiles.
> Oh, and I edited the makefile a bit, which caused to quilt complain.

If you ask me its a very good idea to stick to the Github generated
tarball.  That's pretty common style / best practice and IMHO you are
asking for trouble when deriving from this feature which is expected by
several users.

> So I will need to fix the debian package to create documentation on the fly.
> This is taking way more time than I had hoped for...

I admit I have no idea about this documentation generation.

Thanks for your work on this