Re: Test for sra-sdk

Dear Andreas,

On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 at 08:56 Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 09:01:21PM +0300, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:

> Is it supposed to build on i386? On the upstream wiki page, compiled
> binaries are available only for 64-bit architectures. It seems, that they
> do not support 32-bit architectures anymore.
Well, as far as I understood upstream the reason for their self made
build system is the support of different architectures (no idea why they
can not accomplish this task with automake or cmake).

The error I spotted in the build log[3

   /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libncbi-vdb.so: undefined reference to `uint64_msbit'

might be connected to libncbi-vdb - possibly some incompatibility issue
there?

Yes, I think so. Here upstream implemented [1] this function `uint64_msbit` for x86-64 [2] and for Windows, presumably. But it was not defined for i386, so there is a warning during the build [3]:
warning: implicit declaration of function 'uint64_msbit'; did you mean 'uint32_msbit'?
You might like to ask upstream but I admit I've spent so many
hours into this software compared to other that my motivation to deal
with this issue is not going beyond restricting it just to amd64 (which
seems to be the only *tested* platform).

[1] https://github.com/ncbi/ncbi-vdb/commit/ec24d0c332cdb738a2f4516ad8bf53dd55743457
[2] https://github.com/ncbi/ncbi-vdb/blob/f016c209f0a348136abce1966d8a74932eb47658/interfaces/cc/gcc/x86_64/arch-impl.h#L138
[3] https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=ncbi-vdb&arch=i386&ver=2.9.1-1%2Bdfsg-1&stamp=1530160846&raw=0

With regards,