Re: Test for sra-sdk

Hi Liubov,

On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 09:01:21PM +0300, Liubov Chuprikova wrote:
> > > I made an effort to understand the cause of the failure, but to no vain.
> > > need to leave it till tomorrow.
>

> I have finally succeded in building sra-sdk. Even though the error I wrote
> about is still present on my computer, it does not cause a build failure.

It builds for me (and on the Debian autobuilders) so the build seems OK.
I admit I do not really understand what you mean by "still present on my
computer".  In any case the revision you prepared is uploaded - thanks for
this.

> > For the actual sra-sdk package it builds for amd64 but not i386[1].
>
> Is it supposed to build on i386? On the upstream wiki page, compiled
> binaries are available only for 64-bit architectures. It seems, that they
> do not support 32-bit architectures anymore.

Well, as far as I understood upstream the reason for their self made
build system is the support of different architectures (no idea why they
can not accomplish this task with automake or cmake).

The error I spotted in the build log[3

   /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libncbi-vdb.so: undefined reference to `uint64_msbit'

might be connected to libncbi-vdb - possibly some incompatibility issue
there?  You might like to ask upstream but I admit I've spent so many
hours into this software compared to other that my motivation to deal
with this issue is not going beyond restricting it just to amd64 (which
seems to be the only *tested* platform).

> Unfortunately also the test fails on CI infrastructure[2].
>

> I figured out that the error refers to a symbol that was only defined in
> libncbi-vdb2 version 2.9.1. So I have changed the *Build-Depends* field and
> this should fix the autopkgtest. Interestingly, it is the autopkgtest that
> helped to identify the discrepancy :-)

That's passing now!  Very cool.  I'm really happy about this.

Thanks for your work on this as always

       Andreas.