Re: Bio-Linux vs Debian-Med package lists [update]

Hi Tony,

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 02:34:04PM +0000, Tony Travis wrote:
> Thanks for all the work you've done to add the 'missing' packages!

You are welcome.

> > Te other R packages
> >
> >  r-bioc-bitseq: (ITP #892522)
> >  r-cran-aplpack: (ITP #892476)
> >  r-cran-samr: (ITP #892498)
> >
> > remain in new queue and will be processed hopefully soon.
>
> The packages *are* relevant to biology:
>
> BitSeq is for transcript expression analysis and differential expression
> analysis of RNA-seq data, SAM is for analysis of microarray datas

These two are just part of the med-bio task as you always can check here
[1].  They are just not available for installation since they are in the
new queue.

> and the "aplpack" package is for plotting all sorts of biological results.

Thanks for this information.  Could you provide a patch for the package
description[2] to reflect this fact a bit better.  I'd love to provide
thorough information to the users of the package and for sure I would
add the package to med-bio once it becomes clear to the reader why it is
there.

I have in mind something like

   With this package you can plot <please add that exact sort
   of results here>

> At present, Bio-Linux takes these from Michael Rutter's Ubuntu PPA:
>
> > https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/ubuntu/c2d4u

Thanks but packaging R packages is so brain dead easy using dh-make-R -
its probably more work to pick from there than firing up this script.
However, please feel free to pick from there and make a list what might
be missing in Debian.

> Thanks again,

You are welcome

       Andreas.