Re: New package bali-phy

Hi Andreas,

On 03/09/2018 06:20 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi again,

On Fri, Mar 09, 2018 at 10:42:11PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
I wondered about this.  I was unsure if /usr/share/doc/ is a good place for
non-Debian systems, so I did not change the upstream default.  But for
Debian it is indeed the natural place for me to look.  It seems there are a
few options:
1. Change upstream to install to /usr/share/doc/ everywhere
2. Edit meson.build to put the examples in /usr/share/doc/
3. #2 + make symlink to /usr/share/<package>/examples
4. Make a symlink from /usr/share/doc/<package>/examples to
/usr/share/<package>/examples
I'm not sure #1 works everywhere. #2 has the problem that the path to the
examples would be distribution-dependent. #3 and #4 both seem OK though.
I admit I have no real preference.  I can not see any problem in #1 in
general but I'll leave the freedom of decision to you.
That's now the last open question.
I guess you are right.  I changed the upstream default to put the examples in /usr/share/doc. I also updated README.{html,xhtml,pdf} to mention the new location. I can tag this as 3.0.2 if that makes life easier, since I'm not sure how to modify README.pdf with a patch.

how to do it.  Do we do this with a quilt patch? Because that would be a
very large patch, and I didn't like the idea of removing the local boost via
a patch that was the same size as boost :-P  But it is not really
important.  Also, if we strip them out, do they still need to be in the
copyright file?  That would shrink the copyright file nicely.
I'll take this as agreement that I'll do what I suggested as an example
and will confirm here once this is done (probably tomorrow).
Done now.
OK, thanks.

In addition, anything from the autotools build system can also be removed.
This includes:
   m4/
   configure.ac
   bootstrap.sh
   scripts/git_version.sh
   $(find . -name Makefile.am)
I'll do this as well.
Besides these I removed src/dlfcn-win32

Please check and confirm that you are OK with this solution.
That looks good.

-BenRI