Re: Ioslides inside rmarkdown has no license

Hi Andreas,

I took over the maintenance of the rmarkdown package only recently, and I was not the person who introduced ioslides to the rmarkdown package. That said, it does seem that the ioslides library's license is missing and unclear. I'm not its author, so I cannot add a license to it. I guess it will be difficult to get in touch with its original authors.

I don't quite see the benefits of making a Debian package for rmarkdown. It is an R package, and it is fairly easy to install from CRAN. Those who use R should be able to install it without sudo apt-get, and those who do not use R probably won't care about an R package. On the other hand, I guess a Debian version of rmarkdown that does not have ioslides can be confusing.

Regards,
Yihui
--
https://yihui.name