Re: figtree autopkgtest

Hi Fabian,

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 10:26:24AM +0100, Fabian Klötzl wrote:
> > thanks for your comments.  I'd really love if more people become
> > involved in autopkgtests and teaching newcomers!
>
> I am also a newcomer with respect to autopackage tests.

Even better. :-)
I'll open several bugs for missing tests soon which we can close in
our advent bug squashing party (Thorsten?)

> > On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 10:30:14PM +0100, Fabian Klötzl wrote:
> > successfully.  DEP-8 is not specifying this exactly but even very basic
> > testing is better than no testing at all.  I admit we should rather gain
> > for more detailed tests but for some GUI only programs this could be an
> > option, thought.
>
> I think it would be an OK compromise for Debian Med to just check if a
> tool runs and leave the functionality testing to the upstream author,
> where it belongs. Afterall, it is call auto*pkg*tests.

ACK.

> > GIF does not work for me as well and I do not think that this is a
> > drawback since PNG is working instead.  May be that's a documentation
> > issue.  Someone might like to check SVG.
>
> GIF works just fine on my Ubuntu LTS‽

$ figtree -graphic GIF -width 320 -height 320 test.tree test.gif | head -n5

Argument, -graphic has a bad string value: GIF

                 FigTree v1.4.3, 2006-2016

What version of figtree is in Ubuntu LTS?