Re: figtree autopkgtest

Hi Kate,

Thanks for starting tests for figtree. It is my favourite way to produce
a phylogeny.

On 29.11.2017 21:56, ka lou wrote:
> I made my first attempt on providing a simple autopkgtest for the
> 'figtree' package , referring to the 879621
> <https://bugs.debian.org/879621> bug. It successfully runs in my local
> machine using the 'autopkgtest -- null' command.

One issue I have with DEP-8 (autopackagetest) is that it is unspecified
*what* shall be tested. Eg. how do we verify that figtree does indeed
produce a correct phylogeny and not just an empty file? Do we want to
check whether it only runs, or can we test the full GUI? The latter is
harder, but should be our goal in an ideal world.

> I am attaching  the patch file - since it is my first try for writing a
> test and even using the 'git format-patch' command , any feedback will
> be much appreciated.

I am kind of surprised to see that your third testcase actually works
(creating a gif). Because it doesn't work on my Arch Linux machine and I
even opened an issue upstream [1]. Looks like I have to do some
investigations.

Best,
Fabian

[1]: https://github.com/rambaut/figtree/issues/115