Re: References to registries -> debian-med policy?

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 09:58:55PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:

> > If I would not be that busy to fix RC + important bugs in our packages I
> > would continue with this.  So anybody who want the metadata displayed on
> > the tasks pages soon should start fixing bugs - this would really help a
> > lot.
>
> I propose to rather remove packages from the distribution when these do
> much work and find no user who cares, at least so if popcon numbers are low.

We have all kinds of buggy packages - anybody who is not aware of this
and likes to spent some time on the bugs have a look here

    https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?maint=debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org

It is not that all bugs are hard to fix - some have patches attached
which just need to be applied in VCS and a build test would help to make
sure a sponsor just needs to upload.  There is also the maintainers
dashboard

    https://udd.debian.org/dmd/?email1=debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org&email2=&email3=&packages=&ignpackages=&format=html

which provides information about other problems like packages of other
maintainers / teams that are buggy and prevent a testing migration.  It
makes perfectly sense to lend a helping hand there as well.

> For the trivial bits, which includes updates and backports, the answer
> shall be online editable package instructions and automated testing. The
> testing of the larger picture in my mind shall happen with the CWL.

Testing will uncover not yet detected problems.  The bug tracking
system contains *detected* problems we just need to fix.