Re: References to registries -> debian-med policy?

Hi Steffen,

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 01:18:46PM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> this morning brought updates to references to research software
> catalogues (SciCruch RRIDs, OMICtools, bio.tools) to packages referenced
> in Debian Med's "NGS" task. At some point we need to decide what
> packages should be in what task, but that is for another email.  The
> other bio-tasks I will go through as time permits.

I confirm that I'm not happy about the maintenance of our bio-* tasks
and that I do not consider these very useful for our users.

> Would you mind me
> adding this process to the Debian Med policy?

Feel free to enhance our documentation!

> You may be aware of
> OMICtools already providing links to our packages and RRIDs are
> referenced in CWL tool descriptions to auto-provide the software
> infrastructure for executing CWL-described workflows. In my perception,
> these references are important to anchor our distribution in the
> Computational Biology community, so I would also like to anchor those
> references in the policy.

Just to let you know:  I planed to add this extra information to our
tasks pages at DebConf.  I only managed to do the first half of the task
to include the information into UDD.

If I would not be that busy to fix RC + important bugs in our packages I
would continue with this.  So anybody who want the metadata displayed on
the tasks pages soon should start fixing bugs - this would really help a
lot.