Re: [Help] Failed to upgrade bcftools to version 1.5

On 29/07/2017 10:36, Sascha Steinbiss wrote:
Well, I was going to branch off a separate branch from the
debian/1.4.1-2 tag, add the patches, build and upload 1.4.1-3 from
there, and then just add the changelog entry to the current master (as
the patches should already been in the latest upstream code, right?).
If one wants to reproduce the exact 1.4.1-3 state it should still be
possible via the branch.

I guess I'm going to do that for now.

I think master still needs debian/patches/fix-test_vcf_query.patch and 'Fix autopkgtests by ensuring presence of all deps'.

Oops, just noticed that i386 never built in the first place, and the
patches addressed getting the currently out-of-date builds on armel and
mipsel to work. I can confirm from builds on porterboxes that these now
finish, so I'm going to upload a new bcftools 1.4.1 version with the
patches but leave the bug (#868958) open since not all 32-bit archs are
building yet.

Sorry, I could have been more clear about that. Bug #868958 was specifically about a regression in 1.4.1-1 that caused build failures on 32-bit architectures where bcftools had built successfully in the past. Adrian Bunk has already closed that bug.

Thanks for sorting out git and uploading!