Re: New version of fast5 does not build

Hi, Andreas,

On الأربعاء 18 كانون الثاني 2017 02:34, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Afif,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 01:33:55AM -0800, Afif Elghraoui wrote:

I guess it should be not to hard to fix the clean target but I'm
wondering whether you might intend to continue on this.

This new version, if I remember correctly, has made the example program into
a production program, but that now has an additional dependency which is not
packaged. I think this is the only difference from the current release. To
feasibly handle this, I think we would need to make a multi-orig tarball
with this new dependency (since it is from the same upstream and I believe
no other program uses it anyway) and put this program into a new binary
package.

OK, seems like something we want to do later (I'd prefer a separate
package for a separate download tarball since in the end this might be
easier to maintain - but nothing to do here for the moment whatever we
do).

I agree. Multi-orig tarballs are a pain in the neck to maintain, at least with gbp.

It would be
also nice to know which of the packages you are Uploader will be
uploaded in the next couple of days and where you would like to get
help.

[...]

pbbam needs a patch to be reworked. This was a patch that I forwarded
upstream, but was ignored, and the files were modified differently.

SO I'll leave it for you.

sprai has a new release, but I wanted to include the autopkgtest with it in
the next upload.

Seems you know better than me whet to do here as well.

daligner/dazzdb/dascrubber probably have new upstream snapshots that need to
be packaged.

OK, these do not create any singnal on my dashboard so I'll leave this
for now.

That is because upstream doesn't make releases. I've just updated them now.

I only really have time to work on these on weekends and I worked on some
non-DebianMed packages last weekend.

Sure.  That's for most of us the normal situation.  I did not intended
to create any pressure - just wanted to coordinate a bit.  We do what we
manage to do and if some newer version is not ready than be it so.  I
just wanted to prevent that I might have used some spare cycles to
polish old software if some new might have pending tasks I could have
easily done.

In case you are referring to pbbarcode, that upstream has deprecated some software while people are still relying on it, so I don't consider this a waste. pbh5tools is in a similar situation.

I will try to work on the onces I
consider worth uploading this weekend. I was considering working on sprai a
little earlier tonight, but that didn't happen.

That's fine.  Just ping here if you need assistance.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي