Re: New version of fast5 does not build

Hi, Andreas,

On الأربعاء 18 كانون الثاني 2017 00:50, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Afif,

I'm currently trying to update all our packages to latest upstream
(according to developers dashboard[1]) since January 25 might be the
last one to get new versions inzo next stable release.  I was stumbling
upon fast5 which you commited to Git.  The Build fails with:

I: pybuild base:184: python2.7 setup.py clean
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu: could not find Boost Python library file; use BOOST_DIR or BOOST_LIB_DIR/BOOST_PYTHON_LIB
E: pybuild pybuild:276: clean: plugin distutils failed with: exit code=1: python2.7 setup.py clean
dh_auto_clean: pybuild --clean -i python{version} -p 2.7 --dir python returned exit code 13
debian/rules:26: recipe for target 'override_dh_auto_clean' failed
make[1]: *** [override_dh_auto_clean] Error 25

I guess it should be not to hard to fix the clean target but I'm
wondering whether you might intend to continue on this.

This new version, if I remember correctly, has made the example program into a production program, but that now has an additional dependency which is not packaged. I think this is the only difference from the current release. To feasibly handle this, I think we would need to make a multi-orig tarball with this new dependency (since it is from the same upstream and I believe no other program uses it anyway) and put this program into a new binary package.

 It would be
also nice to know which of the packages you are Uploader will be
uploaded in the next couple of days and where you would like to get
help.

falcon's new release fails autopkgtest, which I have not gotten around to debugging, so I have not uploaded it.

python-avro's new release is a release candidate, which I do not consider suitable for Stable.

python-cobra's new release has no user-visible changes and I do not consider it worth uploading. I believe I documented this in the UNRELEASED changelog.

pbbam needs a patch to be reworked. This was a patch that I forwarded upstream, but was ignored, and the files were modified differently.

sprai has a new release, but I wanted to include the autopkgtest with it in the next upload.

daligner/dazzdb/dascrubber probably have new upstream snapshots that need to be packaged.

I only really have time to work on these on weekends and I worked on some non-DebianMed packages last weekend. I will try to work on the onces I consider worth uploading this weekend. I was considering working on sprai a little earlier tonight, but that didn't happen.

[1] https://udd.debian.org/dmd/?email1=debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org&email2=&email3=&packages=&ignpackages=&format=html

regards
Afif

--