Re: libquazip transition

Hi Andreas,

On 10-01-16 17:51, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 01:49:35PM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> Please consider coordinating this transition with the Release Team
>> despite it being small, by filing the transition bugreport as documented
>> in the Wiki:
>>
>>  https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions
>
> I admit that I'm personally a friend of doing things rather than
> pointing out what needs to be done.  I just uploaded the team maintained
> packages sleepyhead (Debian Med) and tupi (collab-maint) and asked the
> mupen64plus-qt maintainer for confirmation to put the package in
> pkg-games Git.  If this is confirmed I'd close the 3rd out of 5 RC bugs
> and the marble maintainer seems to be active enough to care.

Please note that the bugreports were filed with severity important,
although serious may be more appropriate.

We should  increase the severity in case testing migration is prevented
by inactivity of the maintainers.

> If you ask me we can deal with this without bothering the release team
> who might save their time for more important stuff.  Anybody who
> disagrees is free to strictly follow the Transition wiki literally and
> blame me for failing to follow the rules.

The added value of Release Team involvement is that they can help
migration to testing by (partially) removing packages that haven't been
updated yet, and can configure hints to help migrate the packages to
testing. This may not be required for this transition.

>> (Please CC me in replies, I'm not subscribed to the debian-med list)
>
> Done and leaving this hint for other potential responses.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1