Re: Could somebody please check ncbi-tools6 (Was: [GSOC] Todo List)

Hi Andreas and Canberk,

the problem was that ncbi-tools6 is still an old-style 1.0 format package, which can not contain binary files (such as the binary ASN.1 file in the test data) as part of the /debian directory. Either the file would need to be encoded as a text file, or (perhaps the better option) the package needs to be migrated to the newer 3.0 (quilt) format.
For now I have base64-encoded the binary file to include it in the package and adjusted the test script to decode it back to binary before feeding it into asn2xml. I guess that’s OK for one file, but if we’d like to keep adding test data then it might be helpful to migrate.
I will upload the package including the tests soon — thanks Canberk for adding the tests!

Cheers
Sascha