Re: Open issue with libbpp-core

Hi Mattia,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 03:54:14PM +0000, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> > I understand this, but all the other things happaning in the script
> > seem to be related to automatically create some header files, I'm not
> > sure whether these scripts should be run by both, the lib*-dev and the
> > lib${soname] package. Since it seems that Andreas started this, I'd ask
> > hit to clarify this.

Hmmmm, I was actually not starting this but I took over an unmaintained
package which was once created by Julien Yann Dutheil (in CC) who is
also upstream.  I tried to make some sense out of the packaging and
moved it into team maintenance.  I'm happy that somebody else is having
an additional look since I might have overlooked something easily.

> yep, I don't have a clue what the rest of the script does (expecially,
> on postrm during remove?!?).  But still, the ldconfig call still looks
> superfluos to me.
> But let's wait on Andreas :)

I have removed the ldconfig call in any case.  From my point of view:
The postinst is really only needed inside the *-dev package since only
there are any header files which are assembled in the *.all files.  I
have no idea for what purpose those *.all files are good for.  Once I
considered to create those files inside the package Build process which
would simplify the postinst issue but then I decided to change as less
as possible of things I might not fully understand.

Julien, could you please comment on those *.all files?

PS: Julien, the repository now contains a patch for a gcc-6 build issue
which you might be interested in.