Re: Open issue with libbpp-core

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 05:29:50PM +0200, Gert Wollny wrote:
> W: libbpp-core-dev: maintscript-calls-ldconfig postrm
>
> Since so far I have never added these pre/post scripts manually, I am
> only guessing here, but it would seem that these scripts should be
> package specific, and in this case, since it seems to create some
> header file, it should be limited to the -dev package, where ldconfig
> should not be called, right?

ldconfig *must* be called by all packages installing a shared library,
which are usually not the -dev package, but those named
lib${soname}, in this case libbpp-core2v5.
What's not right are the lines 40/41 of d/postrm.  We used to call
ldconfig in postinst/postrm automatically (dh_makeshlibs added the
needed snippet), but since some months we migrated to use dpkg triggers
instead.

So, please remove those 2 lines from postinst.

BTW, 'Pre-Depends: ${misc:Pre-Depends}' is not needed anymore, given
that the m-a thing was done in wheezy, so starting from the already
concluded jessie development cycle they can be removed.

> Well, I leave this open, since I figure that the next iteration for
> this package was work in progress anyway.

As you prefer, but you might want to commit those 2 things above (I only
looked up through anonscm.d.o webui).

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo