Re: Open issue with libbpp-core

Am Mittwoch, den 29.06.2016, 15:39 +0000 schrieb Mattia Rizzolo:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 05:29:50PM +0200, Gert Wollny wrote:
> >
> > W: libbpp-core-dev: maintscript-calls-ldconfig postrm
> >
> > Since so far I have never added these pre/post scripts manually, I
> > am only guessing here, but it would seem that these scripts should
> > be package specific, and in this case, since it seems to create
> > some header file, it should be limited to the -dev package, where
> > ldconfig should not be called, right?

> ldconfig *must* be called by all packages installing a shared
> library, which are usually not the -dev package, but those named
> lib${soname}, in this case libbpp-core2v5.
I understand this, but all the other things happaning in the script
seem to be related to automatically create some header files, I'm not
sure whether these scripts should be run by both, the lib*-dev and the
lib${soname] package. Since it seems that Andreas started this, I'd ask
hit to clarify this.

> So, please remove those 2 lines from postinst.

> BTW, 'Pre-Depends: ${misc:Pre-Depends}' is not needed anymore, given
> that the m-a thing was done in wheezy, so starting from the already
> concluded jessie development cycle they can be removed.

This was actually added by "cme fix dpkg-control" ...

I will correct this one, and leave the other open.

best,
Gert