insighttoolkit4 licenses & stuff

Hello all,

taking on the latest version of ITK (4.10) I've realized that the
copyright statement is quite outdated, i.e. it is mostly a copy of what
the original tarball provides that misses quite some parts - from the
looks of it most of these are in the Modules/ThirdParty directory.

Now considering that much of the code in there is not really used I
wonder whether for clarity of the d/copyright file it would be better
to sacrifice the compatibility with the upstream tar ball and remove
the code copies of those embedded libraries that are not actually
used.

It is certainly not what the DFSG-repackaging is designed for, but VTK
also does it, and the alternative is a really large copyright file that
duplicates a lot of work. For instance the embedded GDCM carries yet
another set of embedded libraries that are already documented in the
GDCM package (e.g. these GDCM-embedded library copyrights are not yet
documented in ITK).

What do you think about this?

Best,
Gert

PS: I will be mostly off-line from tomorrow until the 19/6.