Re: [Outreachy] dssp examples [Was: r22100 - in trunk/packages/dssp/trunk/debian: . patches]

Hi Tanya,

minor note:  There is no need to CC me since I'm reading the list.

On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 03:17:10PM +0300, merlettaia wrote:
> > BTW, it makes sense to add the data files in debian/copyright where
> > they are obtained from and under what license these can be used.
> >

> http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/static.do?p=general_information/about_pdb/policies_references.html
> As described there, "Data files contained in the PDB archive (
> ftp://ftp.wwpdb.org) are free of all copyright restrictions and made fully
> and freely available for both non-commercial and commercial use. Users of
> the data should attribute the original authors of that structural data. By
> using the materials available in the PDB archive, the user agrees to abide
> by the conditions described in the PDB Advisory Notice
> <http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/static.do?p=general_information/about_pdb/pdb_advisory.html>
> ."

Files: debian/examples
Copyright: <original authors>
License: PDB
 <the text you wrote above>

> One of example files contains full structure file from RCSB site, second
> (named 2OSL_fragment.pdb) - contains only portion of corresponding file
> (with PDB ID "2OSL") - information about first 4 aminoacids for each of 2
> different chains. I think fragmented example is also useful - it shows that
> algorithm needs only specific .pdb file portion for processing and
> obtaining some results (while with my short fragment these results can be
> meaningless - because I took too short chain fragments).

You could add this as

Comment: <text above>

> I'm not sure what is the proper way to describe these files in d/copyright
> (I'll try to add proper description later in the evening).

Hope my hints might be helpful.

> For now I'll try to add tests for Profbval.

:-)
Nice work.

> I wrote you that I've checked concavity's output files (all goes as
> expected), and added README.test with small description and notes (but
> forgot to CC that letter to mailing list).

I noticed this and (in this case luckily - you kept me in CC ;-)).  I
wonder what mail client you are using.  There are some mail clients that
understand some "Mailing list reply".  I'm using mutt and this can do
this.  I've heard Thunderbird can do it as well but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your nice work