Re: [Outreachy] dssp examples [Was: r22100 - in trunk/packages/dssp/trunk/debian: . patches]

Hi Andreas,

BTW, it makes sense to add the data files in debian/copyright where
they are obtained from and under what license these can be used.

http://www.rcsb.org/pdb/static.do?p=general_information/about_pdb/policies_references.html
As described there, "Data files contained in the PDB archive (ftp://ftp.wwpdb.org) are free of all copyright restrictions and made fully and freely available for both non-commercial and commercial use. Users of the data should attribute the original authors of that structural data. By using the materials available in the PDB archive, the user agrees to abide by the conditions described in the PDB Advisory Notice."

One of example files contains full structure file from RCSB site, second (named 2OSL_fragment.pdb) - contains only portion of corresponding file (with PDB ID "2OSL") - information about first 4 aminoacids for each of 2 different chains. I think fragmented example is also useful - it shows that algorithm needs only specific .pdb file portion for processing and obtaining some results (while with my short fragment these results can be meaningless - because I took too short chain fragments).

I'm not sure what is the proper way to describe these files in d/copyright (I'll try to add proper description later in the evening). For now I'll try to add tests for Profbval.

I wrote you that I've checked concavity's output files (all goes as expected), and added README.test with small description and notes (but forgot to CC that letter to mailing list).

--
Best wishes,
Tanya.