[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: CI plan

Hi Andreas!

Sorry for not showing activity, I've experienced some strange technical troubles with my VM :( It turned out that switching to unstable in sources.list is not enough to work well with cme and testing packages from unstable, now I fixed it (switched to virtual box with unstable Debian on it).

I've added test for checking result files and another call with non-default parameter set from readme (I decided not to move it to separate file because these two calls look almost the same, although setting up some additional parameters can change output file appearance. One of probable things worth testing is pymol script produced by concavity, it can reveal that file's compartibility with specific version of pymol, but it seems to be redundant, and on my display-less VM I was not able to call it without errors with xvfb, at least for now).

2016-05-24 18:21 GMT+03:00 Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>:
On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 04:58:11PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Tanya,
> [I'm replying just to the list since I assume you and Canberk are reading it]
> ...

BTW, the currently *real* issue in concavity is bug #822382[1].

One possible solution - to modify upstream by removing ply.* files  (and .ply format support) and their usage entirely: it seems that it can be used only as one of many possibilities for mesh serialization/deserialization. Concavity doesn't rely on that format for data storing or anything, typical input and output would be given in other formats (I've already checked locally, it can be quite easily removed). If this solution is ok, I can fix it.

Upstream has not answered my mail since 20 days.  I've set Laszlo in CC
who might have some contact or may be you can find out *working*
contacts (people had good experiences by Twitter or other social media).

Have you tried to mail tony.capra at vanderbilt.edu? It's the best contact I could find. Also I found some person on github who seems to work with Dr.Capra: https://github.com/mikesivley - there is his email on this page, if this won't help, I can write him via issues.

We need to sort out the origin of these two files - otherwise the
package needs to be moved to non-free.

Kind regards


[1] https://bugs.debian.org/822382


Now I'm working on conservation-code (this time I'll do it faster >.< ).

Best wishes,

Reply to: