Does bwa really need to be limited to amd64?

Hi, all,
As I've mentioned before, I'm trying to get circlator into testing. I
requested of the release team to allow it to migrate despite it's being
uninstallable on i386 [1]. I was then asked if there was any way to fix
that, so I looked into the problematic dependencies. bwa is set to amd64
and kfreebsd-amd64 only.

When I looked through the changelog, this looked like it was done a few
years ago because of the need for SSE2. In the current debian/rules, I
see that SSE2 is only added if the architecture matches amd64, but I
don't see anything about this in the upstream Makefile or READMEs.

I don't have a chance to test out a build right now, but does anyone see
a problem with expanding the architecture list?

Thanks and regards
Afif

1. https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2016/04/msg00198.html

--