Re: GSOC [Continuous Integration for all biological applications inside Debian]

Hi Canberk,

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 12:01:30AM +0200, Canberk Koç wrote:
> I have to give you a little update i'm reading policy, join alioth page and
> have no problem in that subject but

Fine. :-)

> i  have a problem on packaging
> PhyloPythiaS
> program.
> Program have no source code in its github repository, in article they said
> it's an GPL 3  licensed program but in license file they mentioned it is
> not a free software with another license in attachment and i confused about
> it .

I wonder whether you like to try your luck with contacting the authors.
I'm pretty sure you will find examples how to do so if you do a web
search for the terms:

    site:lists.debian.org/debian-med "Im writing you on the behalf of the Debian Med team"

This is one of the (boring) parts of package maintenance but its a vital
part and why not starting with this?

> Can you suggest me another package i can work on it. Thanks for your
> help.

fastqc, exonerate, seaview, gubbins, swarm-cluster, dindel, murasaki

These are just random picks - take one you might have hear of before.

Hope this helps