Re: Lintian checks of upstream/metadata yaml file is now active

Hi Afif,

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 03:14:27PM -0800, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> Many thanks for working on this! I'm sorry if I'm missing some
> information by not having attended the sprint, but is yours related to
> the work mentioned on the Debian wiki [1,2]?
>
> While the code is likely simple since most of the job is just YAML
> syntax validation, this version does also check for missing/unknown
> fields. In any case, it's probably best to update the wiki page [1] to
> reflect the current situation.

I think the good thing is that Petter's patch was quickly accepted while
bug #731340 filed by Simon Kainz is hanging in BTS since > 2 years (so I
even forgot about this when I asked for a YAML checker at the sprint).

Checking the actual issues reported by the checker:

elpa (2015.05.001-1) unstable; urgency=medium
      [ Andreas Tille ]
  * debian/upstream/metadata: Fix YAML syntax.

 -- Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org>  Sun, 07 Feb 2016 14:21:26 +0100

and

opengm (2.3.6+20160131-1) unstable; urgency=medium
  [Andreas Tille]
  * Avoid mixed quote signs in debian/upstream/metadata

 -- Ghislain Antony Vaillant <ghisvail@gmail.com>  Sun, 14 Feb 2016 14:27:29 +0000

so both were done since I was watching the logs of UDD importer from
time to time.  I'm *really* happy that maintainers now get the
information straight before uploading and my workload will be reduced
in future.  Thanks a lot to Petter.