Re: [MoM] regarding rename_binary_result.patch

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 03:41:41PM +0430, Malihe Asemani wrote:

> > I was wrong.
> >
> > On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Malihe Asemani <ml.asemani@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > I found a solution :
> > override_dh_auto_install:
> > override_dh_install:
> >         dh_auto_build
> >         dh_installdirs
> >         mv probe $(CURDIR)/debian/king-probe/usr/lib/debian-med/bin/

As a general note: It is always wrong to usde

override_dh_foo:
	dh_bar

It is always

override_dh_foo:
	[do things before dh_foo]
        dh_foo
	[do things after dh_foo]

> wrong! because of overriding "dh_install" is not needed in this case, at
> all. Also, calling "dh_auto_build" in "override_dh_install" is another
> mistake.

You name it.

> calling dh_install leads to the "install" target be run.

Closely.  it is dh_auto_install.

> And wrong!  dh_install is regarding to d/install file.

Yes.

> I was completely wrong. I just needed an empty override_dh_auto_install to
> override install target of Makefile. That's all !

Perfectly correct.  Another example for "learning by mistake". ;-)

Please commit your last solution to let me check the result.

I think we are close before an upload and thus a successful MoM project.
:-)

Thanks for your work on this