Re: Fwd: MOM: reportbug fails

Hi Malihe,

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 01:26:08PM +0430, Malihe Asemani wrote:

> I did not know why the reportbug command is connecting to BTS?  Is it
> trying to find out if the bug is reported, or it is just trying to register
> the bug?

Reportbug tries to prevent users from reporting problems twice.  This
makes perfectly sense for an usual package since it has about "one
screen full of errors" (in the better cases only les than say two).
Fetching these and display to the user before a new bug will be filed
makes sense.

> Anyway I used the  "--no-query-bts" option but I have not get any email
> from BTS until now, nor the bug is registered on the BTS!

You do not get any e-mail but reportbug is creating a SOAP connection to
BTS fetching the available bugs.  Due to an upgrade of the machine
hosting bugs.debian.org the SOAP buffer was shortened (if I understood
correctly) and the amount of open "bugs" agains wnpp was to large and
creates the error you observe.  Since it makes no real sense to query
BTW for wnpp anyway (you could rather check http://bugs.debian.org/wnpp
in advance) simply use the --no-query-bts option an everything will be
fine.

> I can't find my mistake. would you please help?

I think you only mistake is that you did not simply do

   reporbug --no-query-bts wnpp

Does the previous error remain or do you simply not get any mail
response.  In the latter case this is probably due to a not (or
wrongly) configured SMTP connection.  To verify SMTP, please try

    mailx -s "test SMTP" ml.asemani@gmail.com </dev/null

If you do not get any mail you should check your logs and configure
SMTP.  Reportbug provides an option to simply store the created
mail and send them via your web mailer to control@bugs.debian.org
to circumvent the SMTP problem.

Hope this helps