Re: Status of castxml [and ITK] packaging?

Hi Andreas,

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 11:00:14AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> as you most probably know several Debian Med packages (and probably
> others) seem to need castxml since gccxml does not build with gcc-5 and
> is not maintained any more.  Could you be so kind to give a status
> update of the packaging, perhaps the VCS where it is maintained (if
> at all).  I noticed that this bug was tagged pending but I can not
> find any trace (it might be me for sure).

I had actually uploaded it a few days ago -- that's when I added the
pending tag -- and was waiting for it to clear NEW.  Just before your
email, I got a response saying I had missed the license of some files.
I fixed that and re-uploaded it a couple hours ago.  So it is in NEW
again at the moment.

The VCS is git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/castxml.git Since my
interest in it is for ITK, I chose to put castxml in the Debian-Med
space on alioth, even though CastXML is not medical software.  If
people think this is inappropriate, do speak up and I'll move it
elsewhere.

On the topic of git: since the first upload was unsuccessful, I made
the changes without changing the debian revision, then re-tagged
revision "-1" in git.  It works fine locally but alioth has
rejected the tag change:

    steve@riemann{alioth}git push --tag
    To ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/castxml.git
     ! [rejected]        debian/0.1+git20150630-1 -> debian/0.1+git20150630-1 (already exists)
    error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/castxml.git'
    hint: Updates were rejected because the tag already exists in the remote.

What's your best advice for this?

I should also like to mention that I have started packaging the new
ITK (4.8.0) using the CastXML.  I have gotten ITK to build and will
push the changes to alioth sometime this weekend.  At this point, I've
just done minimal changes to get it to build.  More work needs to be
done, which I'll detail in a later email.

Regards,
-Steve