Re: [MoM] Re: Help with Debian packaging of DCMTK++

Hi Gert,

Le 16/07/2015 14:37, Gert Wollny a écrit :
> Hi Julien,
>
> welcome from me as well.

Thanks!

>> To be clear here:  Usually we use
>>
>>    gbp import-orig --pristine-tar <source_tarball>
>>
> Regarding this step: I've seen that your source tree does include
> the /debian subdirectory. It is usually better not to include it in the
> tarball, or name it differently, e.g. debian-example [1].

We added a debian [2] branch to our upstream repository in order to
experiment with packaging: for the Alioth repository, I imported an
archive from the master branch [3] which doesn't include the /debian
directory. Since we do not plan to merge those branches in the upstream
repository, it seems to me that this should not cause any problem when
creating tarballs, even for future releases: am I right?

> [1] https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide#Pristine_Upstream_Source

[2] https://github.com/lamyj/dcmtkpp/tree/debian
[3] https://github.com/lamyj/dcmtkpp/tree/master

Best,