Random number generator and regression tests (Re: Python-pysam for unstable?)

Hi Afif,

Le Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 12:46:59PM -0700, Afif Elghraoui a écrit :

> That is interesting. For bedtools, is that a problem with the test suite or
> with the packaging? I didn't think that a package could be uploaded to
> somewhere besides experimental while it is known to be failing tests.

Well, the answer is in the BTS :)

For the impatient, the main problem is that the random number generator used
does not produce the same result on Linux and on OSX, even with the same seed.
(I know that other programs like R definitely manage to do so).

Actually, if someobody has a hint, it would be welcome upstream.

    https://github.com/arq5x/bedtools2/issues/84

Have a nice day,

--
Charles