Re: Python-pysam for unstable?

Hi, Andreas,

On السبت 11 تـمـوز 2015 22:35, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 01:14:23PM -0700, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
>>
>> So I just noticed a python-pysam-tests.README.Debian. These are apparently
>> not autopkgtests. As written, these are tests intended for the user to run
>> after the python-pysam-tests package is installed.
>
> Yes, that's correct.  My idea behind this was, that it might be pretty
> interesting for users to reconstruct the test suite and learn from it.
>
>> The pysam_data folder is indeed created by that package (in
>> /usr/share/doc/python-pysam-tests/) and does hold the data, but I think this
>> is not at all the correct way to proceed for many many reasons. So I will
>> revamp the test packaging and report back.
>
> Could you please name one or two main reasons why you think it is not
> the correct way?

I was talking about relying on the user to run the tests and manage CI,
but that seems to be not what you intended and that this particular test
runner was just broken. If it is possible to achieve both-- allowing
automated testing and providing the user the ability to manually test
the package, then I don't have such strong feelings about it.

>> However, maybe you can go ahead and upload to unstable to try to prevent
>> autoremoval from testing--- the known issue here is not with the actual
>> package (at least the main packages); just the arrangement of the test suite
>> code. If I finish before hearing back from you, I will include it in the
>> current unreleased revision.
>
> If I upload with changes in the number of binary packages a new
> processing will be needed.

Suggesting an upload was from my message before I fixed the test runner.
I'm not sure if we should still upload to unstable knowing that there
are 30-something tests that are failing currently.

Any help would be welcome; this package has been drawing quite a bit of
time.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--