Re: Help needed to try to fix activiz.net

Hi Corentin,

On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 05:00:16PM +0200, Corentin Desfarges wrote:
> It is complicated to give you a precise estimation,

We do not need a precise but a sensible estimation in terms of
 - its current work in progress
 - it was regarded but is complicated
 - no work was done regarding vtk6

> because I'm currently
> starting an other project, and I don't have all the arguments needed for
> taking decisions about who works on fw4spl for Debian-Med, nor when. But
> Debian-Med is always an important project for the IRCAD, and I suppose that
> one or more people will work on fw4spl "for Debian". And personnaly, I
> DON'T leave out the project.

:-)

> By the way, you have to know that fw4spl has several branches [1]
> (==versions)
> - 0.9.2
> - 0.10.0
> - 0.10.1
> - 0.10.2
>
> And some of them use vtk6. But the packaging of a different version sounds
> to me be a big work.

So why not packaging only one branch but pick one that supports vtk6?

> I'm discussing of the VTK problem with my colleagues, and I tell you as
> soon as I get more information about the packaging of the new version of
> fw4spl.

This is perfectly in line with what I imagined as "estimation".

> Thank you for your very helpful support

You are welcome