Re: Help needed to try to fix activiz.net

Hi Corentin,

Hi Andreas

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 02:36:11PM +0200, Corentin Desfarges wrote:
> According the fw4spl tracker [1], it sounds to me that the main problem of
> fw4spl (excepting the ARM support) is the fail of the build of its
> dependences, especially avifile and activiz.net (gdcm and ITK depend on
> activiz.net and vxl depends on avifile).
>
> So, I suppose that if avifile and activiz.net are fixed, the problem will
> be fixed ? Am I right ?

Yes, we need to fix activiz.net.

> And if avifile seems have been fixed [2] (am I wrong about it ?),

It seems so.

> activiz.net seems not maintained anymore.

Unfortunately this is true as well.  The package was introduced by
Mathieu Malaterre but Mathieu unfortunately left our team[3]

> I want to try to fix it, but I can't found it on Alioth. How can I work on
> this package ?

In general you find the place where a package is maintained via

   apt-cache showsrc activiz.net | grep ^Vcs

So its in Debian Med SVN and may be this is the reason why you did not
found it since you are checking only SVN, right?  I think you will
welcome if the package would be moved to Git, right?

Yes indeed.

I think the package needs some update since it is lagging behind
upstream anyway[4].  Moving to vtk 6.1 seems to be a sensible thing and
if we are realy lucky the bug in question might go away by this simple
upgrade.

It could be a great thing.

So I'll do the following:

   1. Move the package from SVN to Git
   2. Add you as Uploaders
   3. Ping you for further work on the package once this is done

Ok, I'm waiting.

Is this OK for you?  I'm sorry that I personally do not have any
knowledge about this and the related packages so if things exceed normal
packaging I'm not of much help.

There is no problem! I also don't know how it works, but I think I have probably more time to work on it.

> [1] https://packages.qa.debian.org/f/fw4spl.html
> [2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=777790
[3] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2014/12/msg00105.html
[4] http://public.kitware.com/gitweb?p=activizdotnet.git