Re: Help needed to try to fix activiz.net

It is complicated to give you a precise estimation, because I'm currently starting an other project, and I don't have all the arguments needed for taking decisions about who works on fw4spl for Debian-Med, nor when. But Debian-Med is always an important project for the IRCAD, and I suppose that one or more people will work on fw4spl "for Debian". And personnaly, I DON'T leave out the project.

By the way, you have to know that fw4spl has several branches [1] (==versions)
- 0.9.2
- 0.10.0
- 0.10.1
- 0.10.2

And some of them use vtk6. But the packaging of a different version sounds to me be a big work.
I'm discussing of the VTK problem with my colleagues, and I tell you as soon as I get more information about the packaging of the new version of fw4spl.

Thank you for your very helpful support

Best regards,

Corentin

[1] https://github.com/fw4spl-org/fw4spl

Hi Corentin,

On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 03:50:58PM +0200, Corentin Desfarges wrote:
> I'm faced a new problem : activiz is now working with libvtk6 [1], and
> fw4spl with libvtk5. But, these packages are NOT compatible.
> So in the case where I fix activiz (by using libvtk6), fw4spl will not
> build with libvtk5 anymore, and this is currently not possible...

Hmmm, that's a schame.  Could you find any estimation when fw4spl might
be compatible with vtk6.  I have heard rumors that vtk maintainers feel
overworked with maintaining two versions and it would be a good idea to
work straight to vtk6 compatibility.