Re: Group Policy for Creating Standalone Metapackages

Hello,

On الجمعـة 15 أيار 2015 06:18, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi Afif,

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 01:56:04AM -0700, Afif Elghraoui wrote:

Just about every piece of documentation I read about equivs says that
although it was originally designed for creating dummy/fake packages, it
can also be used for creating metapackages. So I am asking if I can
create a repository for a metapackage that is built with equivs rather
than the usual git-build-package.

If you think that this will safe you some time that's OK for me.

Ok, I just wanted to know for general cases. For this case at least, it turns out this will probably not save much time.

What exactly should a metapackage do in this situation?

Sooner or later, I will need a metapackage to depend on all the
components. The components are developed individually, but they are most
useful when they are all installed together, which is the usual use case.

That's OK if it fits the kind of software.

Thanks and regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي