Re: Group Policy for Creating Standalone Metapackages

Hi Afif,

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 01:43:33AM -0700, Afif Elghraoui wrote:
> Is it fine to put an equivs configuration file in the Debian Med VCS
> repository for the metapackage instead of the full Debian directory?
> I didn't find any examples of this kind of situation within Debian
> Med.

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I do not understand what exactly you want
to approach.  Equivs and metapackages are different things and I have
no idea in how far both would solve your problem.

> The context is as follows: While waiting for upstream on kmer, I
> thought I would start working on the components of smrtanalysis.
> Just before this, I wanted to create the metapackage to keep
> everything in perspective as I work on them.

What exactly should a metapackage do in this situation?