Group Policy for Creating Standalone Metapackages

Hello,

Is it fine to put an equivs configuration file in the Debian Med VCS repository for the metapackage instead of the full Debian directory? I didn't find any examples of this kind of situation within Debian Med.

The context is as follows: While waiting for upstream on kmer, I thought I would start working on the components of smrtanalysis. Just before this, I wanted to create the metapackage to keep everything in perspective as I work on them. Each module in this suite has its own repository on github and the top-level repository has almost nothing in it [2].

Thanks and regards
Afif

1. https://github.com/PacificBiosciences
2. https://github.com/PacificBiosciences/SMRT-Analysis