Re: Broken irtk repository

Hi Andreas,

For this package, I have experimented on an alternative layout for the git repository, following
the section entitled "When upstream uses Git" in the git-buildpackage manual [1].

Since the repository only contains the "debian/sid" and "pristine-tar" branches (no upstream or
master), it does not play very nice with the defaults of gbp-clone and co.

I can definitely checkout the repository with the following command:
gbp-clone git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/irtk.git --upstream-branch=master --debian-branch=debian/sid

And build with:
gbp buildpackage --git-upstream-tag='v%(version)s' --git-debian-branch=debian/sid

I quite like the workflow explained in the manual, where you just fetch the new upstream tag,
merge in a debian/<release> branch and use the --git-upstream-tag option to specify the
upstream source. I'll get back to the usual workflow with "gbp import-orig" if that is a
problem, it was really just by curiosity that I tried this.

Ghislain

[1] http://honk.sigxcpu.org/projects/git-buildpackage/manual-html/gbp.import.html

Hi Ghislain,

I'm unable to clone

   ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/irtk.git

Could you please try a fresh checkout if it works for you and if not
please fix the repository?