What version of PHyML should be distributed by Debian

Hi Stéphane,

I'm writing you on behalf of the Debian Med team who tries to integrate free
software that is relevant in medicine and biology into official Debian.  As
you can see we also have packaged PHyML:

  http://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio#phyml

I noticed that the source code went from Google Code to Github and is now
maintained at

  https://github.com/stephaneguindon/phyml

I also noticed that there exist a separate location for releases:

  https://github.com/stephaneguindon/phyml-downloads/releases

This is a bit unusual since most projects use a major.minor.subminor (or
some other versioning scheme) release tagging inside the Git repository
and Github creates downloadable archives from those release tags.  But
you might have your reasons to do so.  However, the content of your
separate release area shows three different releases one is named
stable, one development and one "latest patch" (which is not as late as
development).

I wonder which of these three you personally would consider best suited
for beeing distributed by Debian - in other word you want to be used by
the "generic user of PHyML.