Re: [MoM] Packaging OpenSurgSim

On Wed, 2015-02-25 at 16:28 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 09:45:07AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 09:51:11PM -0500, Paul Novotny wrote:
> > > I am back to packaging OpenSurgSim, now that yaml-cpp has been added to
> > > experimental. I just pushed changes that add yaml-cpp as a
> > > build-depends, fixes the naming of the shared libraries to include the
> > > version number, and adds DEP3 headers to the patches. The packaging now
> > > runs completely through for me with pbuilder.
> >
> > For me as well.  However, lintian is spitting a lot of errors:

> > E: opensurgsim-doc: privacy-breach-may-use-debian-package usr/share/doc/opensurgsim-doc/structYAML_1_1convert_3_01typename_01Eigen_1_1Matrix_3_01Type_00_01Rows_00_011_00_01MOpt_01_4_01_4-members.html You may use libjs-mathjax package. (http://www.mathjax.org/mathjax/mathjax.js)
>
> Thanks for fixing this.
>
> > BTW, the package needs to be uploaded to experimental for the moment as
> > long as a Build-Dependency (yaml-cpp with needed version) resides only
> > in experimental.  This can be changed once Jessie is released and we can
> > move the latest version to unstable.
>
> I commited an according change.
>
> I also commited another change where I moved the HTML docs to the
> subdirectory html/.  This is what you usually find in Debian packages
> and I'm close to sure that this best practice can be found somewhere
> documented.  I also provided an accodring doc-base file (pleas pull).

Great. Thanks.

> One hint:  I intentionally derived from your dh_install call since I
> usually make use of debian/*.install files.  I do not insist in this
> (actually currently it looks quite unmotivated as the d/rules files
> looks right now), but I just wanted to demonstrate the option to you.
> If you would use debian/*.install files consequently you could skip the
> override_dh_install target which makes d/rules better readable.  I'll
> leave it to you to revert the single *.install file back to d/rules or
> switch to *.install files consequently.  Do whatever matches your taste.

I saw that was the way yaml-cpp did the install, but didn't know what
was preferred. So I switched it to use the *.install files. I am
beginning to think that the smaller your debian/rules file is, the
better.

> I would like you to deal with the following remaining lintian issues:
>
> W: opensurgsim-doc: embedded-javascript-library usr/share/doc/opensurgsim-doc/html/jquery.js please use libjs-jquery
> I: opensurgsim source: wildcard-matches-nothing-in-dep5-copyright Data/Fonts/Vera.ttf (paragraph at line 13)
> I: opensurgsim source: unused-file-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph at line 13
> I: opensurgsim source: duplicate-short-description libopensurgsim libopensurgsim-dev opensurgsim-doc

I think I addressed these issues, and pushed the changes. I also moved
from using dh_link to dh_linktree. I like how dh_linktree adds the
needed dependency to the package based on what you link to.

-Paul