Re: Update on Trinityrnaseq packaging

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 08:50:37AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> That could be a workaround.  Since you can not create such binary
> packages from one source package you need to create different source
> packages.  I admit I'm fine if you ignore the contrib part for the
> moment if you only need the part without libcolt-java.

To explain the problem:  We need to build the package in the main
universe and the build-dependency libcolt-java is missing there.  I
tried to simply drop this build-dependency (+libjai-core-java) and
looked what happened.  I tried this approach and it might be possible
with some heavier patching but the very simple try failed.

BTW, the situation is even worse since libjai-core-java is non-free and
previous discussion have shown that chances are close to zero to get
this old SUN code freed.  There were some opinions raised that there are
better imaging libraries which could replace JAI but my question to more
details were not answered.