Re: Please help freeing libcolt-java [Was: Update on Trinityrnaseq packaging]

Hi Emmanuel,

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 01:01:39AM +0100, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> I got a quick look and it seems some of these classes are available in
> the aida and jaida modules of freehep. The main issue seems to be the
> hep.aida.bin package, it doesn't exist in freehep and depends on Colt
> classes. It was also written by Wolfgang Hoschek which is the author of
> Colt.
>
> If the no military clause came from the old aida classes maybe the
> package hep.aida.bin created by Wolfgang Hoschek isn't affected? If this
> hypothesis is confirmed it should be possible to depend on freehep-aida,
> otherwise Colt is doomed to remain in non-free :(

I have not checked myself but as far as I understood freehep-aida is
really free.

> Were you able to
> contact Wolfgang Hoschek?

We tried several times [1] but failed to get any answer at all. :-(

Thanks for spending time into this.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2013/12/msg00094.html
    https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2012/01/msg00239.html
    https://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2012/08/msg00003.html